GSI Distribution Design Studio (DDS)
GSI Distribution Design Studio (DDS) is a comprehensive software solution that improves the design process by combining robust GIS/CAD rendering and editing capabilities with GPS/GNSS and intuitive, efficient toolsets to streamline electric and gas workflows, reduce design cycle times, and share design information with internal and external systems (such as GIS, WMS).
DDS incorporates end-to-end electric and gas line design workflows, generates necessary reporting outputs, and includes comprehensive engineering analyses including: structural analysis, clearance analysis, overhead profile view, electrical analysis, underground cable pulling/pushing, and optimization.
DDS works in the office and in the field. It is compatible with desktops, laptops, tablets and handheld devices, including Windows, Windows Mobile, Android, and iOS.
- Finite Element Analysis for single, 2-pole, and 3-pole overhead structures, including analysis of guys, anchors, crossarms, insulators, and poles
- Ability to generate an overhead profile view with conductor clearances
- Cable Pulling/Pushing Calculations
- Electrical Analysis calculations for Voltage Drop, Flicker, Transformer Utilization and Conductor Utilization
- Electrical Optimization for equipment and conductors
Build Electric and Gas Distribution Lines
- A mature compatible unit system in the design process
- Embedded CAD/drawing tools
- Standardized reporting and drawing outputs
- User-interface that is easy to use, easy to train, and easy to learn
Mobile Design Capabilities (with GPS/GNSS)
- Field design capability on tablets and phones (iOS and Android)
- Support for various types of GPS/GNSS receivers
- Integrated post-processing and real-time WAAS correction
- Compatible unit assignment in the field
- Integrations between DDS and GIS/WMS greatly reduces the duplication of effort
- GIS integrations are supported with Esri ArcGIS, Intergraph G/Technology, and GE Electric Office
- WMS integrations are supported with IBM Maximo, SAP EAM, Oracle EAM, and other work management systems
- Work orders, compatible units, parts, and costs are all kept in sync