Work With Us
At GeoSpatial Innovations, we seek experienced, progressive individuals who want to use their ingenuity to develop newer and better software applications and solutions. GSI offers leadership opportunities and comprehensive dental, vision and healthcare benefits as part of a generous compensation package. If you want to be a part of a rapidly expanding company, enjoy the challenges of working with innovative technology, and have proven work and leadership skills, read on to see if our openings are right for you.
GeoSpatial Innovations Inc. – Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area, 15317
The employer is looking to hire a highly motivated and organized individual with 5+ years of experience to join our enterprise software development team. GSI is a 23-year-old software company with a global customer base, good benefits, and a relaxed work atmosphere where a talented individual’s contribution is rewarded, appreciated, and developed. We provide software products and services to electric and natural gas utilities in the United States, Canada and Australia.
- C# .Net Development experience in Visual Studio
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- SQL Server or equivalent relational database experience
- Understanding of software architecture design and development best practices
- Highly adaptive and capable of being an individual contributor as well as working as part of an extended team
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and respond to frequently changing priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering (or equivalent job experience)
- Strong written communication skills in English communicate effectively
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Background with Electric/Gas utility concepts and operations
- Geographical Information System (GIS) experience (ESRI, G-Tech, Smallworld)
- Experience with Web Services, REST, Asynchronous programming, Azure, Xamarin, Android\IOS, C++, F#, XML, JSON, DevOps and COM are also beneficial
- Contribute to team success in a Scrum development environment
- Design and develop software applications that conform to technical design specification requirements
- Test, troubleshoot, debug and maintain existing software and database solutions
- Create technical documentation on new design and enhancements
- Work with source control and defect tracking systems
- Analyze and help resolve software related issues from customer support team
- Estimate time, effort and steps required for development tasks
- Provide development status updates to management
How to Apply
Please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to: [email protected].
Internships with GeoSpatial Innovations, Inc.
We offer internships in the following cities:
GeoSpatial Innovations, Inc. is committed to a diverse work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive fair consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Employees within this company are valued, and we demonstrate this by creating an open and accepting work environment to allow all employees to perform to the best of their abilities without fear of judgment or discrimination.